See, humans are naturally inclined toward socialist behavior! That’s why the capitalist ruling class needs to make such immense use of various forms of ideological, economic, physical, and social coercion against us in order to keep its order in existence [i.e., prisons, media, police, politicians, scapegoating, racism/sexism/xenophobia, etc.]
According to researcher Frans de Waal, new studies on animals from primates to mice show there is a biological basis for behavior such as cooperation.
Until recently, the common scientific view was that humans, inherently “nasty” at their core, had been forced to develop an unnatural veneer of morality in order to function as a society.
De Waal countered that human children — and most higher animals — are “moral” in a scientific sense, because they need to cooperate with each other to reproduce and pass on their genes.
As evidence of his claims, de Waal provided video from laboratories which revealed the “dramatic emotional distress” of one monkey denied a treat that another received, and of a rat giving up chocolate in order to help another rat escape from a trap.
According to de Waal, these findings prove that social tendencies such as “reciprocity, fairness, empathy and consolation,” occur naturally, in the wild.
This is how deep the problems go — we’re all taught that evolution is based on competition, is based on survival of the meanest. And that’s just capitalism projected onto the natural world. And it’s so stupid!
The creatures who have survived in the long run have survived in the long run; you don’t survive in the long run by hyper-exploiting your surroundings; you survive in the long run by actually improving your habitat. What a concept.
- esperanzaylibertad reblogged this from socialuprooting
- caylamaritime likes this
- homosexicle likes this
- project-argus likes this
- madame-chatie likes this
- mutualassureddistraction reblogged this from curioustoned
- driftingdeeper reblogged this from socialuprooting
- 1930orb likes this
- oerbital likes this
- kitsunemars likes this
- seanbronsema reblogged this from jessicaam
- satoripart1 likes this
- marxandmarzipan reblogged this from socialuprooting
- jwll likes this
- thebeldam likes this
- ozzylot reblogged this from angryvegan
- angryvegan reblogged this from rottingintheundertow
- rottingintheundertow reblogged this from socialuprooting
- palealien reblogged this from socialismartnature
- catbouquet reblogged this from socialismartnature
- wakingfromsomesortofsleep likes this
- ihavenoideaatall reblogged this from socialuprooting
- thoughts-bloom reblogged this from greaserboy
- malphite-smash likes this
- kingphiliptraum likes this
- red-roman reblogged this from socialismartnature
- sigmundshogun reblogged this from socialismartnature
- thecrunkstables likes this
- aspiringhermit reblogged this from socialuprooting and added:
- greaserboy reblogged this from magical-marijuana
- -iwilldestroyyou likes this
- iauiugu likes this
- derailedcommodity likes this
- robotkin likes this
- octagon-surgeon likes this
- fortalameda reblogged this from jensenjaundice
- esperanzaylibertad likes this
- osastar likes this
- panicinthestudio likes this
- emmydiocracy reblogged this from socialuprooting
- dontsendflowers reblogged this from takethatthomas
- emmydiocracy likes this
- fertiledecline likes this
- mgglnt reblogged this from socialuprooting
- joanofamber likes this
- unsteadyimpressions reblogged this from socialuprooting
- unsteadyimpressions likes this
- axefightin reblogged this from pyrrhic-victoria and added:
- muchtoocynical reblogged this from socialuprooting